Today’s Valentines Day card uses the PCC227 challenge template and the So Detailed heart tag thinlit die as the main focus. I love Stampin’ Up!’s new Sending Love DSP paper pack! The tiny red hearts scattered across the white background was perfect as the background paper. The traditional red and white Valentines Day colors are always my favorite colors when creating “love” cards. I tried several different positions for the hearts, finally deciding to use just the two biggest ones. I stamped the row of little heart and used it to anchor the tag with “hugs & kisses”.
As usual it seems for me, when I looked at the photo I realized I left off the accents from the template. Of course, they had to be bling! So here’s my final card with it’s rhinestone bling!
Once I determined the final layout, it was a really easy card to create and put together (I’ve done all the work of measuring and layout for you!). Here’s the dimensions for the card pieces:
- Whisper White card base cut 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ and folded in half
- Real Red cut at 5-1/4″ x 4″
- Sending Love DSP hearts cut at 5″ x 3-3/4″
- Real Red scraps big enough to cut the heart dies
- Whisper White scraps to stamp and die cut the small hearts and the greeting tag
- A strip of Candy Lane washi tape (I knew getting that at Christmas would come in really handy for my Valentines Day cards and projects!) If you didn’t get it, you can always use one of the red background paper in the Sending Love pack as a banner accent.
Here’s the supplies you need to create this card:
There’s still plenty of time to order your Valentines Day stamps and supplies to get your cards and projects done in time! Let me know how I can help you get it done! And thanks for stopping by blog today.