Girly cards are so easy to create and make, aren’t they? The color choices are endless, the extra frou-frou you can add seems endless with all the Stampin’ Up! embellishments. But guy cards, UGH, not so easy. Browns and blue and boring, right? Well, maybe not! My card today is all “browns” and I think it makes an understated elegant statement, even with all the ribbons I added! And it would also make a lovely sympathy or I’m thinking of you card by just changing the stamped greeting! What do you think?
Can you believe this paper is from the Falling in Love DSP? One side of this paper is very soft pastels with flowers and lace. But turn the paper over and you have some wonderful graphics that work well for guy cards. This card just begged for ribbon as the accent, but I managed to keep it guy appropriate, don’t you think?
Here’s how to make this card:
- Very Vanilla cardstock cut at 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″ and folded in half
- Crumb Cake cardstock cut at 5-1/4″ x 4″
- The Falling in Love DSP graphic design cut at 5″ x 3-3/4″
- Crumb Cake cardstock circle cut with the Stitched Shape square framelit
- Early Expresso cut with the Layering Circle framelit
- Very Vanilla cardstock circle cut with the Stitched Shape circle framelit
- Early Expresso ink to stamp the greeting from One Big Meaning stamp set. And a reminder, always stamp your greeting FIRST, then cut the circle. That way you are sure it’s centered and straight (just telling you from experience, it works best this way!).
- I used three retired Stampin’ Up! ribbons layered to get the detail I wanted – Early Espresso grosgrain striped ribbon, Natural Chevron ribbon, and the stitched Early Espresso ribbon. I love this look and I’m using up my stash of ribbons!
Here’s the supplies you’ll need to make this card – substitute whatever ribbon you have on hand (unless you’re like me and have a stash of the retired ribbons I used – LOL!). Or use strips of DSP or washi tape to create a similar look.
Thanks for stopping by today.
Remember just two more weeks until the end of Sale-A-Bration! Don’t let it slip by and miss your chance to earn wonderful FREE Sale-A-Bration products! For every $50 you spend on your usual Stampin’ Up! orders from any of the current catalogs or even on clearance items (before shipping and taxes), you earn one free, yes free, item from the Sale-a-Bration catalog! Spend $100, get 2 items. Spend $150, get 3 times. Get the picture?