As I said on Monday’s post, I love the FMS274 for last week. If you missed Monday’s card using this template, see it here. Although I didn’t get today’s card posted in time for the challenge, it’s up there as one of my favorites. Why? Because it is Black & White with a pop Melon Mambo, one my all time favorite color combinations!
Again I pulled more of my leftover retired Stacked with Love DSP stack for this card. I love these “pluses”, but this is the last of that one..sigh… Oh well, I have lots of other possibilities for more cards – LOL! This time I used Melon Mambo as the card base, in the ribbon and banner frame.
Here’s how I made this card:
- Melon Mambo card base cut 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ folded in half
- Basic Black cut 5-1/4″ x 4″
- Whisper White cut 5″ x 3-3/4″ using the retired Tiny Wave stampin’ trimmer rotary cutting blade, I will miss this when it’s too dull to cut 😦
- Stacked with Love “pluses” cut 4-3/4″ x 3-1/2″
- Basic Black cut 2-5/8″ x 3″
- Melon Mambo cut 2-1/4″ x 2-2-7/8″
- 2-1/2 ” square of Whisper White to cut the greeting (cut with the Stitched Shapes square)
- Melon Mambo dotted grosgrain ribbon
The Stacked with Love DSP paper and Melon Mambo ribbon I used for this card are retired, but you can substitute whatever you have on hand for this simple card! It’s a great way to use those leftover scraps and ribbon pieces you have in your “save” pile.
Thanks for checking my card out today! More cards later in the week using of this FMS274; be sure to check back!