WOW…this was a great crafting weekend for me! I spent the first part of my days off finishing up my Valentine’s Day treat containers for my staff, faculty and co-workers..I’ll post them tomorrow – 32 and counting!
But let’s get back to today’s card. I really liked the FMS274 for last week, so much so I made 3 cards and I have several more planned! I chose to showcase this one in time for today’s entry into the challenge. I’ll post my other ones later in the week, so be sure to check back!
I pulled bits and pieces of my leftover retired Stacked with Love DSP stack to create this card. I’ve said many times I love Black & White with a pop of Real Red or Melon Mambo (see that color combination on Wednesday). This one uses Real Red and works for a guy or gals! Valentine, birthday, congratulations or just wanting to celebrate!
How I made this card:
- Basic Black card base cut 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ folded in half
- Whisper White cut 5″ x 3-3/4″
- Stacked with Love “pluses” cut 4-7/8″ x 3-5/8″ (I wanted just a tiny Whisper White border to set it off the print)
- Basic Black cut 2-5/8″ x 1-3/4″
- Stacked with Love red pattern cut 1-1/2″ x 1-5/8″
- Scrap of Whisper White for banner (fussy cut it out after stamping images)
- Basic Black Chevron ribbon
The Stacked with Love DSP and Basic Black Chevron ribbon I used for this card are retired, but you can substitute whatever you have on hand for this simple card! It’s a great way to use those leftover scraps and small pieces of ribbon you just couldn’t throw away. Aren’t you glad you saved them??!!
Thanks for stopping by to see my blog today. I really love paper crafting and hope that my inspirations can spark your own creativity!