Here’s my card for this week’s MOJO481. I laid this card out with different papers, different sizes and finally had to walk away for a day because it just wasn’t working the way I envisioned it. Then yesterday, it all came together like I wanted and this is my final card!
Is it a Valentine’s Day card or a birthday card or….hmm…I’ll let you choose! I think it can work either way. Since it has a “love” theme, you could easily use it for a Valentine’s Day card, especially for the masculine person in your life. But since it’s not the traditional red & white Valentine’s Day theme, you could use it for a birthday card for someone special in your life.
How’s that for having a versatile card on hand, just in case! And because the pop of Melon Mambo is subtle (right?!) it works for just about anyone! I used the Floral Boutique DSP, one of my favorites. The background white is from this year’s Fancy Frost Christmas DSP, no embossing necessary – it’s already done!
Here’s the dimensions for your card:
- Night of Navy card base cut 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ folded in half
- Fancy Frost DSP cut 5-1/8″ x 3-7/8″ ( I wanted more than 1/8″ border of navy to show, but not as much as 1/4″, hence the 3/16″ border all round. It’s not hard to cut these dimensions using the Stampin’ Trimmer!)
- The navy with white polka dots was cut with the largest Circle frame lit (not the scalloped one)
- Navy vine cut at 3-1/4″ x 1-3/4″ with a small piece of Whisper white under the part that was over the above half-circle so it stands out
- Melon Mambo cut into a 2-1/4″ square
- Striped paper cut into a 2-3/16″ square because I wanted only the tiniest of Melon Mambo border to peak out
- You can die cut the “love” out from the Melon Mambo square above if you use the Sunshine Wishes “love” thinlit die (saves paper! Just be sure it’s centered in the middle so you don’t see it once the striped paper is laid on top.)
Here’s the supplies you’ll need for this card:
Thanks for stopping by, happy crafting!