When I saw this week’s MOJO480 template, I knew I would use my Night of Navy and Whisper White Floral Boutique DSP paper. I decided to make a love card for my sweet hubby. I’m not sure if I’ll use it for his Valentines Day card or another time when I need a card from him. I was going to emboss the white background then remembered I got Fancy Frost specialty paper at Christmas. This design matched the navy/white lattice design. I love the way it turned out.
The Floral Boutique DSP has lots of flowers, but there are also a number of designs that are not floral so work for masculine cards. I used a little of both for this card. The diagonal piece is polka dots. The large square has lattice work with a center design that could be floral or just decorative detail, depending on how you look at it. The smallest one is floral but with lots of swirls, so the flowers don’t scream “girly”. I used the medium swirl from the Swirly Scribbles dies for behind the saying tag cut with one of the Layering Circles scalloped dies. I the was pleased how this turned out and can’t wait for my sweetie to see it.
Here’s the dimensions for the card:
- Whisper White card base cut 4-1/4″ x 11″ and folded in half
- Fancy Frost DSP cut at 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Whisper White for small piece is 1-3/4″ x 3″
- Floral Boutique DSP pieces, diagonal is 3/4″ wide; large square is 3″ x 3″; rectangle is 1-1/2″ x 2-3/4″
- Small scrap of Night of Navy for the medium Swirly Scribbles die
- about 2″ Whisper White circle to stamp the greeting and then die cut with 1-1/2″ scalloped die
And here’s the supplies you’ll need to make the card:
I’m contemplating adding a pop of color with either Real Red or Melon Mambo either with the Swirly Scribbles piece, and/or under the rectangle. I’ll work on this and post later if I like the results! Thanks for stopping by today. And thanks to Julee Tilman and the MOJO design group for this week’s challenge!