Fab Friday #82 challenge, oh dear missed it!

Yup, another deadline missed for a challenge. I’ve had my Cottage Greetings card kit open on my craft table for over a month now. I kept looking at it, pondering alternatives and getting distracted by other card ideas. I’ve decided the reason I’m having a difficult time putting it together because it’s theme is English Cottage, soft, flowery…not usually my thing. If you’ve been following any of my posts you know I’m into bright, cheery and lots of color!  But I was determined to find a way to use the kit going more along with my usual style, hence my dilemma.

So this past weekend I decided it was time to get it off my craft table by creating some cards with it! As I was browsing for ideas, I came across the Fab Friday 82 challenge to use Mint Macaroon, Pool Party and Blushing Bride to make a card. Oh I thought, I can do this with the Cottage Greetings kit! Here’s my final card and I like it! A little country garden and soft colors, but definitely one I will make more of and use it for some of my classes.

FabFri82-JBStamper

Most of the major pieces came from the Cottage Greetings card kit. All I had to add was the Pool Party card base with Blushing Bridge accents. I punch tiny hearts from the leftover silver paper from the kit and from Blushing Bride scraps. I added a variety of sizes of rhinestones, some from the kit, some from my supplies. I was pleased with the delicate look of this card, just so sad I missed the deadline. Oh well, I still submitted it so other’s can see my creation.

Here’s the supplies I used:

QUOTE OF THE DAY:

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity. Amelia Earhart

And that’s how I finally made a card with my Cottage Greetings kit! Now onto creating more card ideas using the other pieces!

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Annual Catalog, Stampin' Up! card kits and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Fab Friday #82 challenge, oh dear missed it!

1. Brian says:

This is such a wonderful card! I love how you’ve used the flowers. This kit is tops! Thank you so much for playing along with this soft-and-sweet Fab Friday color challenge!

• JB Stamper says:

WOW…thanks Brian, you’re comment means a lot to me since I have been following you since you began and I love your stuff!!

2. Mindy Backes says:

Very very sweet card! I love it, the colors are perfect on it! I miss challenge deadlines ALL THE TIME, lol! It’s so frustrating! Especially when you really love the card, lol! Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!

3. Sara Nell says:

This card makes me smile! Whoever receives it can’t help but have a wonderful day!

• JB Stamper says:

Thanks Sara. It made me smile also since I used a kit that I was struggling with on how to make cards from it that I liked! Now to make more of these for my family’s Easter card!

4. Amanda Mertz says:

Even if its not your style you made a beautiful card! The delicate little flowers and the shape of the top panel are very sweet for a celebration card! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

• JB Stamper says:

Thanks Amanda. I wish I could take credit for the flowers and the tag shape but it was already done in the Cottage Greetings kit! How’s that for an easy card!! But I really did like the way it turned out and it was quick and easy!

5. Brenda Myers says:

Very pretty card!! Great alternative for the square cards in the kit!! (Those are more $ to mail!!) And no worries – you didn’t miss the deadline for #82 – it’s on the 17th!! Thank you for joining us at Fab Friday!!

6. Heather H says:

Oh this is wonderful! I’ll have to go give that kit a second look now, lol. I love the shapes you’ve used! Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!

• JB Stamper says:

I know Heather, I’ve struggled with it. Watch for more of my posts this week…this kit is growing on me and I’ve been able to use it more in line with my “style”! Thanks for the commennt!